- Red Light Therapy has been used for over 70 years.
- 1930’s & 1940’s Drs. Knott & Miley --- blood irradiation to treat acute infections (then came along antibiotics).
- 1980’s & 1990’s NASA discovered Light Therapy to be beneficial in treating “SAD” (seasonal affective disorder) and facilitating skin tissue growth and surface wound healing.
- Today, Red Light Therapy has been shown in independent research worldwide to deliver powerful therapeutic benefits to living tissue and organisms. Clinically there have been no recorded side effects in over 1,800 publications. Over 40 years of independent scientific research has concluded that there are many benefits gained from exposing the skin to intense red light (Phototherapy). Red light is able to penetrate the skin to a depth of 8-10mm (2/5 of an inch), encouraging the cells to naturally simulate the production of collagen and elastin.
- Naturally slows the aging process and improves the tone of the skin.
- Beneficial in treating problems close to the skin’s surface such as wounds, cuts, scars and is particularly effective in treating skin infections.
- Smooths and reduces wrinkles.
- Firms aged and tired skin.
- Promotes collagen production – creating a youthful looking skin.
- Smoothes and reduces cellulite deposits.
- Increases circulation due to the increased formulation of new capillaries.
- Improves the consistency of skins coloration and complexion.
- Resulting benefits can be seen on certain on individuals after only a few sessions however it normally takes up to 3 weeks to see the greatest effects.
- Genetic skin conditions (i.e., port wine stains, moles, freckles and spider veins) will not respond to Red Light Therapy treatment.
RED LIGHT THERAPY TREATMENTS
Initial Treatment (1-4 weeks)
Recommended Use: 3 or 4 Sessions Per Week Expected Results: fine lines start to diminish, skin will have a much smoother feel and pigmentation of the skin will start to even out, any blemishes or acne will start diminishing.
Intermediate Treatment (4-12 weeks)
Recommended Use: 2 or 3 Sessions Per Week Expected Results: over time improved oxygenation and detoxification of the skin, followed by improved natural repair (collagen and elastin synthesis) for the creation of healthy skin. In turn, tired looking skin is firmed and restored, fine lines and wrinkles decreased. Stretch marks, age spots are diminished and facial pores minimized.
Recommended Use: 1 or 2 Sessions Per Week